My recipe was inspired by one of my recent Recipe Pins for Nutella Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins from My Name is Snickerdoodle. I got a little overzealous with a recent Nutella purchase at Costco, and had a very large extra jar of it. In the spirit of creativity (and also laziness because I didn't feel like spooning stuff into muffin tins), I chose to make bread instead.
Nutella Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 3 c. flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. Nutella
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat the 4 eggs slightly. Add pumpkin, sugar, and oil. Beat thoroughly.
2. Add in dry ingredients and mix well.
3. For the Nutella Cheesecake Filling: mix cream cheese, 1 egg, and Nutella in a small bowl and beat until creamy.
4. Grease two loaf pans and add a layer of the pumpkin bread mix.
5. Add several heaping Tablespoons of the Nutella Cheesecake Filling.
6. Swirl the Filling into the bread batter with a knife.
7. Top with more bread batter.
8. (Optional, but highly recommended for maximum chocolate deliciousness) Add another couple of dollups of Nutella Cheesecake Filling and swirl them into the top layer of bread batter.
9. Bake at 375 degrees (I actually turned my oven down a bit to about 365) for 50 to 60 minutes.
10. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
The verdict? I think the cheesecake flavor would be more evident if I had made the muffins (darn that streak of laziness!), and I think a slightly larger amount of cinnamon would be tasty. Not even close to being a kitchen disaster though! I love recipes that are simple, require simple ingredients (ie. that I have on hand), and still taste good.
Paired with my Perfect Cafe Mocha or a nice cup of coffee, this would make a yummy treat to indulge in when guests drop by!
Today's recipe for Nutella Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread is part of the Pinterest Challenge hosted by Young House Love and Bower Power. Also linked to Tatertots and Jello