Funny, sometimes the best recipes are ones you just run across randomly. I picked this one up on one of those grocery store index cards years ago, and it's now one of our favorites!
Linguine with Shrimp, Tuscan Style
adapted from Giant Food
1 pound cooked shrimp (Jumbo or other size)
1/2 pound dried linguine
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, Italian-style
1 fresh lemon
Notes: I sometimes substitute 2 or 3 chicken breasts, chopped. If I don't have fresh garlic, a dash of minced garlic from the fridge is fine. I usually add some of my own pepper, oregano, thyme, basil, and even a dash of rosemary and a bit of kosher salt.
1. If you use frozen shrimp, defrost them by running them under cold running water for 3 to 5 minutes and the cut off the tails. Pat dry.
2. Heat 2 Tablespoons of oil on low in a large skillet and cook garlic for 1 minute (do not brown).
3. Add your shrimp (or chicken) to the skillet and cook with the garlic on medium.
4. Add the can of diced tomatoes, along with your seasonings.
5. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain well.
6. Toss the pasta with the shrimp or chicken mixture.
7. Top with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Serve with a fresh salad and some bread.
Enjoy! I made this dish last year for our family beach trip, and everyone loved it:
What's your favorite pasta dish?
Linked to Balancing Beauty and Bedlam