4 hours ago
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
How to Cut and Slice a Pineapple
I think its important for bloggers (and readers) to remember that there are plenty of people with zero kitchen experience. We all have to start with the basics at some point, and learning to slice a pineapple is one of those basic kitchen skills.
You really only need a couple of things to make this work: a pineapple (duh), a cutting board, and a good knife.
Let's get started:
1. Lay your pineapple on its side and slice the lovely green top off.
2. Turn it around and hack the bottom right off.
3. Set your pineapple right side up and slice off all four sides, being careful not to cut too deep and waste tasty pineapple.
4. You'll be left with a nekkid pineapple with little spikey bits left on it. Don't panic!
5. Use your knife to slice away those little spikey bits that were left behind and discard them.
6. Turn your pineapple log on its side and slice some lovely squares.
7. Use a smaller knife (if you have one) to cut the circle core out of each slice.
8. Cut small slices or cubes from your cored pineapple squares.
9. Store in a tupperware container in your fridge for a tasty snack.
Ready to eat!
What's your favorite simple kitchen tip?
Linked to Tasty Tuesday, Home Stories A to Z, Positively Splendid