Make your own!
Here's what you need to make your own:
- Two slices of bread (I used homemade, sliced thick)
- Dijon Mustard (I like to use nice German mustard, but this was all we had on hand)
- Mayo with Olive Oil (Again, we were out, but I had this packet in the cabinet!)
- Slices of cheddar cheese
- Slices of turkey (this was just the nicer deli kind from Costco)
- Mini Babybel Light (optional)
You might not have a Panini Maker, but you probably do have a George Foreman Grill. You could even just use a frying pan!
1. Add mayo to one slice of bread, and sliced cheddar and mustard to the other side.
2. Layer one side of the bread with turkey slices and another couple of dabs of mustard. Top with two thin slices of Babybel (optional)
3. You will now have a very large and thick sandwich, but don't worry!
4. Add sandwich to hot Foreman Grill or skillet. Cook until you hear the melted cheese sizzle (you'll have to flip your sandwich if you use a frying pan).
Your last step? To enjoy!
I love that I can make a yummy, restaurant-style sandwich without having to spend money on extra kitchen gadgets like a panini maker. Great paired with chips, sweet potato fries, a half sandwich/small cup of soup, or a pickle!
This is quite a hearty meal, so I don't suggest making it often. Maybe it's more of an occasional treat-type lunch.
Linking to Home Stories A to Z, Balancing Beauty and Bedlam, Tatertots and Jello, Positively Splendid