Here's what you need to get started:
Close-up of the beautiful glitter...can you tell I like shiny things? (I'm really a raccoon)
- Flat wreath form (learn how to make your own here)
- Hot glue gun
- Glitter Snowflake Ornaments (got mine at Target, but I've seen similar ones elsewhere)
- Coordinating Ribbon
This is how I put my wreath together:
1. Measure and cut your ribbon for the correct length for your door and loop it through the form. Place a strip of hot glue on top of the wreath form.
2. Fold the ribbon over the hot glue and press to secure (It's okay if it bleeds through. You'll be covering it up)
3. Lay out one layer of snowflakes to fit your form, fitting them in like a puzzle.
4. Hot glue the snowflakes down, one by one. Start with the snowflake on top that goes over the ribbon.
6. Add your third color layer. There's no right or wrong number of snowflakes. I just added them until I liked the way it looked!
*If you have a metal door like I do, you can follow my tutorial on how to hang a wreath on a metal door with ribbon!
A few beauty shots?
I still have bunches of the ornaments left to decorate our girlie tree with next Christmas. You can't beat $0.10 a pack! This wreath will grace our front door for another week or so until I haul the Valentine's Day stuff out of the attic. Despite the lack of snow around here, I'm still in a wintery cozy mood. Bring on the snowflakes!
How do you decorate your front door after Christmas?
Linking to Positively Splendid, Today's Creative Blog