Young House Love posted about the real life that happens behind the scenes of their famous blog, and it inspired me to show you all a pic of what I need to be working on today:
No, there was no tornado. No, FEMA has not turned this area into a Barbie refugee camp. If you don't have kids yet, I bet this blurry (sorry) photo is really good birth control. In fact, let me break it down for you:
1. Box of houses and small town toys that they have not played with in months. I eased it out of the bin on the shelf and into this cardboard box. Next, I will ease it into the back of my van and then ease it to the consignment sale. You have to handle these things delicately, lest you alert small children to the loss of their stuff. Then all hell breaks loose.
2. Barbie House. Those Barbies are hoarders. I've never seen people live like that, unless maybe you count the people who live in the room in the picture there. Oh wait, that's us...
3. RV. The Fisher Price Loving Family has had enough of this mess. They're loading up into their RV and going on vacation. I have half a mind to join them.
4. Vacuum on its side. I have no words for this. Maybe it is easier to feed the toys into the vacuum when I have it turned over like this.
5. Two pink tutus. Because it's nice to be able to pick up a tutu off the floor and put it on. So long as the dog isn't laying on it.
6. Stethoscope. I can't believe someone was operating a medical practice in there. Doesn't seem very sanitary. I think I'll write to the AMA.
So there you have it. A real look at how our play area looked as of yesterday afternoon. Hopefully it won't look like that by Saturday morning when Michaela Byrd's little friends show up for her birthday party. Because we want it to be clean before they trash it again. Right?
Y'all wish me luck in this organizing venture today! Do you have a problem area in your house that you need to tackle?
I hope you'll come back tomorrow to link up YOUR best post of the week to Weekend Bloggy Reading. Recipes, crafts, home decor, book reviews, funny stories, you name it. Come prepared to showcase your blog and find some great weekend reads.
6 hours ago