Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
adapted from Betty Crocker
Ingredients for Brownies:
-1 box of chocolate brownie mix and whatever it calls for (oil, eggs, etc)
We like Betty Crocker Triple Chunk Brownies, and I follow the recipe to make them "cake-like".
-1 or 2 containers of chocolate icing (or use homemade)
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
-2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp. salt
-1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-2 large eggs
-2 cups chocolate chips (I use Nestle, and I tend to go overboard with the chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix brownies according to package, be sure to follow instructions/add extra ingredients to make the mix "cake-like." Set aside.
3. In a separate small bowl, Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar to a large bowl and beat until creamy.
5. Add eggs to butter mixture one at a time, beating well. Gradually mix in the flour mixture. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
6. Pour about half of the brownie mix into the pan. Set the rest aside.
7. Using a large spoon, drop scoops of the cookie dough on top of the brownie mix in the pan. Swirl a bit.
8. Pour the rest of the brownie mix on top. Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean. (Sometimes it seems to take longer than others)
9. Cool completely and then ice the top with chocolate icing.
These never fail to impress...they are sinfully rich, heavy, and moist. A small serving goes a long way!
Does your family have a favorite dessert?
If you enjoyed this post or found it helpful, I hope you'll click your "Pin It" button to add this post to Pinterest, or a +1 for Google+.