4 hours ago
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
99 Random Questions on My Blog, 99 Random Questions...
Bold--Things I have done
Italics--Things I want to do
Things I don't really care about are left plain
01. Started your own blog --well, yah...so glad I did! This is a great way for me to practice writing--haven't realized how much I missed it, even if I'm not analyzing Pope or Virgil's masterpieces
02. Slept under the stars--I don't sleep outside. ick
03. Played in a band
04. Visited Hawaii
05. Watched a meteor shower
06. Given more than you can afford to charity
07. Been to Disneyland/world-- done DW twice and LOVED it...I am a sap for that kind of stuff, their prime target-I mean client. I can't wait until we take our kids when they are old enough to enjoy it. I love Peter Pan's flight!
08. Climbed a mountain--I have been hiking, but I think I have blocked most of it from my memory...
09. Held a praying mantis-- see # 8
10. Sang a solo--only in the shower...I win Grammy's in there
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris--je 'taime Paris! beautiful city...I got to see it when I was 17. I think Parisians are, for the most part, fairly polite and welcoming. They are kinder if you attempt (however pitifully) to speak the language
13. Watched a lightening storm at sea--I don't remember...I was too busy drinking French martinis....
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child--
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France--yes, from behind 54 Japanese tourists, then I went shopping in the mall underneath the Louvre
20. Slept on an overnight train--
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked--No way!
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort--built a snow castle once, our fattest cat got stuck in the door
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon--
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse--
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run--baseball is boring
32. Been on a cruise= baby #2
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors-does Nashville count if my grandmother was born there...hey, she's almost 98!
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied--sadly, no
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person--on my list
39. Gone rock climbing--ew, why?
40. Seen Michelangelo's David in person
41. Sung Karaoke--
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight--I am scared of the crabs that come out at night
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted--
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris--Yep! rode the elevator though!
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling--scuba diving in a pool once, wasn't a huge fan
52. Kissed in the rain--
53. Played in the mud--played soccer in the mud- HATED it!
54. Gone to a drive-in theater--
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies--the bane of my existence in childhood, I was so painfully shy, but my mom made me do it
62. Gone whale watching--do they have French martinis there?
63. Gotten flowers for no reason-- T likes to do this
64. Donated blood--
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp--saw Dachau outside of Munich when I was 15...a real eye-opening experience
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy--yes, my Barbies and all their accessories are waiting for the girls...I am saving them until they are older...I think I will probably play with them too
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar--
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square-- so busy!
74. Toured the Everglades--
75. Been fired from a job--got demoted b/c there was no money to pay me in what was my current position
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London--
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle--T used to own a speeding motorcyle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person--
80. Published a book--does a photo book from Shutterfly count?
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House--been inside several times, been past it on foot many times
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating--dear God, no
88. Had chickenpox--it was my dream in 3rd grade to get them and stay home, my dream came true and turned into a nightmare
89. Saved someone's life.--
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club--the short-lived MOPS book club--I think I am the only person to read both books
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby--2 girls!
95. Seen the Alamo in person-- I "remember the Alamo!"
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake--
97. Been involved in a law suit--
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee