Banana Bread with One Banana
1 large very ripe banana
1 egg with enough milk to make 1 cup (I used whole milk because that's what my girls drink)\
1 stick of butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
Chocolate Chips (optional)
Dash of cinnamon (optional)
*Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Dump all of the ingredients (except for the nuts and chocolate chips) into your mixer bowl; no need to combine. I just broke the banana up into a couple of chunks.
2. Mix on low to medium-low until most of the chunks are gone.
3. Grease a baking pan. (Grease it really well...the bottom of my bread stuck because I didn't grease it well enough!)
4. If you're adding chocolate chips, mix them into the batter and pour into the bread pan. Top with sprinkles of walnuts.
5. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes. Use a toothpick to determine if the bread is cooked all the way through.
My girls eat pretty healthy breakfasts: eggs, toast, fruit, whole wheat waffles, healthier cereal...so sometimes I like to treat them with muffins or a yummy bread. Paired with some scrambled eggs and a small serving of fruit, this would make for a very yummy morning meal!
What's your favorite type of bread?
If you enjoyed this post or found it helpful, I hope you'll click your "Pin It" button to add this post to Pinterest, or a +1 for Google+. And I always appreciate kind comments!