Want to know what's going on? You can read about the premise of this party here.
The gist is, I want to know what's special about your blog. Why is it a great place to visit? Go out on a limb and don't be afraid to share what you're proud of! Think about what you'd say to a friend or a new sponsor if you wanted them to visit your spot on the web.
Here's why I think My Blog Rocks:
- There's something here to please a lot of different readers. Not fitting into a "niche" might be a good thing for me. A blog "about nothing" gives me the freedom to write about pretty much anything: fashion, crafts, recipes, TV, ways I try to decorate, ways my kids torture me, you name it.
2 I'm not afraid to look dumb be honest (just one of many examples)
3 I try to reflect the fact that I value the blogging community I'm a part of:
- My Decorating Dilemmas parties give bloggers a chance to showcase their design Solutions or to offer helpful feedback and constructive criticism to bloggy friends.
- "Show Me the Progress" Party--the first one will be in March...a great opportunity for friends to share the progress they've made after linking up to Decorating Dilemmas.
- I LOVE doing "Friday Favorites", where I feature the best posts I read around Blogland for that week.
4 I post regularly
- Unless it's super-crazy, I like to post Monday through Friday. Writing regularly helps ME stay sane and my readers know what to expect!
5 Sometimes, occasionally, I am a little bit funny.
So there you have it. That wasn't too hard. I hope a few of you will link up! This really was a great exercise for me. I spend a lot of time nurturing my insecurities...it was time to combat some of that!
Here are the rules if you'd like to link up. PLEASE READ ALL OF THEM BEFORE YOU LINK UP HERE!
1. When you enter your link, please enter the permalink to your specific party post, not your blog's homepage.
2. *Please leave me a comment with a link to your post.*
This way, if McLinky hates me, dumps me, and ignores me, we can still all visit each other through the comments! Also, it's kind of a nice thing to do for your hostess. (wink)
4. Please include a link in your post to this party (again, not my blog's homepage!) when you join.
Just add it in somewhere within your blog's party post before you link up. That way your readers can join in the fun if they want to. If I don't see a link to THIS post, I'll have to delete your link.
5. Mingle! It's not a party if you just link up and then sit around. Please make an effort to visit at least one other link on the list in the next few days. A party is a party because people visit and form relationships. That's what this party is about!
If you can't get around to visiting right away, that's okay (really!), but please make an effort to stop by a blog or two by the end of the week. I'm not asking you to write an essay-comment for the blogs you visit, but please leave a kind thought or two.
If you notice you haven't received any comments, take a few minutes to comment on the other partygoers' posts, and be sure to tell them you are visiting from my party so they know to return the favor. That makes a successful blog party. Otherwise, I'm just hosting a big list of people's links, and that's no fun for anyone.
Looking forward to reading about why your blog is a special place!