Here's what you'll need to make your own:
-Box of brownie mix (and whatever the recipe calls for)
-1 container of chocolate or devil's food Jell-O pudding (and enough milk to make it)
-Large container of Cool Whip
-Caramel Syrup (optional)
-Peanut Butter drizzle (optional)
-1 candy bar (optional)
1. Make the chocolate pudding and brownies according to the package directions. Place pudding in fridge to cool and set brownies aside to cool.
2. To begin the trifle, cut some cooled brownie squares and place a layer in the bottom of your trifle bowl.
3. Add a layer of Cool Whip. Smooth down.
4. (Optional) Add some drizzle of chocolate, peanut butter, and caramel.
5. Add a layer of pudding on top of the cool Whip.
6. Put another layer of brownies in and repeat the process.
You want the last layer to be Cool Whip. I usually add some more drizzle to the very top and the chop up some candy bar slices as "garnish."
Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve cold!
This is such a tasty, easy dessert, and it's a real crowd pleaser! It's so rich that I seldom make it more than once a year, but everyone loves it.
What's your family's favorite holiday dessert?
*This post is part of my current Christmas inspiration series, A Season of Serenity at Home. I have some fantastic posts with projects, recipes, activities, and ideas that will bring some creativity to your Christmas without the stress! You'll find all the posts to date rounded up here.
If you liked this post or found it helpful, I hope you'll click your "Pin It" button to add this post to Pinterest, or a +1 for Google+.
Linking to Positively Splendid